When entering notes and history into CRM systems I am an advocate of what I call the “bus” theory. If the salesperson working the account was hit by a bus on the way to work the next person to work the account should have all of the information necessary to close the deal.
Information that I feel is crucial is:
- Does the contact have budget approval?
- Who are the other stakeholders in the process?
- Is the sale tied to a project if so what is the go live date?
- What do the company financials look like?
- What competitors are in the bidding process?
- What are the next steps – a meeting or scheduled call?
- What are the prospect’s concerns and objections?
Other helpful information could be:
- The gatekeeper’s name.
- Facts that were discovered during bonding and rapport – hobbies or interests.
- Links to the prospect’s LinkedIN profile or Twitter account.
View original post 208 more words